Tuesday, October 17, 2017

John McCain Accepts the 2017 Liberty Medal



Senator John McCain accepted the Liberty Medal Monday night in a ceremony honoring him. McCain is 81 years old and is suffering from an aggressive form of cancer. That makes his speech all the more poignant, as if he were giving his farewell address. And he didn't hold back. You might disagree with his political views (as I do), but you can't say he doesn't love his country.

Trump responded to McCain's speech by saying
"Yeah, well I hear it. And people have to be careful because at some point I fight back," Trump said. "I'm being very nice. I'm being very, very nice. But at some point I fight back, and it won't be pretty."

Responding to Trump's threat, McCain bluntly told reporters Tuesday: "I've faced far greater challenges than this."
Bigger challenges, like a POW camp in North Vietnam and brain cancer. Not to mention putting up with Sarah Palin. McCain doesn't have the time of day to let Trump get to him.

No comments: